Monday, May 5, 2008

Are you CVS'ing?


If not, you should be! You can get many items for nearly free and free! Sometimes, you can get paid to get stuff from CVS!

This is how it works, you will need to make an initial investment to earn CVS Bucks. Check out this blog to find out how to maximize your CVS dollars and how to get started!
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/2007/09/cvs-101.html



This months catalog is awesome! Freebies include Tums,Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Allergy Meds, Adidas Deodorant and the travel teeth care kit.

Here is my weekend shoppings:

My initial investment (because I lost my CVS bucks from last month) was $11.37 for the allergy meds. Now I didnt find out until after, that you can go by the Pharmacy dept to find the CVS magazine which includes a coupon for a dollar amount off of CVS items. I'll be using that for my husbands card.

Now with the $11.37 in CVS bucks for the allergy meds, I bought 2 Ice Breakers and 3 360 toothbrushes. I had one one dollar off coupon
I used the $11.37 in CVS Bucks and saved a total of
$14.85
Out Of Pocket I paid ~ $2.70 In return I got $13.97 in CVS Bucks

With the $13.97 I bought 2 of the Tums Quick Packs, 1 Dawn and 2 Natural Instincts Hair Dye. Now the Dawn and Natural Instincts were not free however, I had gotten the dawn initially for a filler, didnt have enough so I got the natural insticts (printed out a $1.00 CVS buck as well). I had a coupon for the Dawn (.25 cents off) so it was .88 cents minus .25 cents so it was .63 cents. A little more than I like to pay for dish soap but I was running low. Now I did have a coupon for BOGO for the hair dye(which I did need) so it ended up being two boxes for $4.99 total.
So here we go:
$13.97 in ECBs
.25 cent coupon
5.99 coupon for free hair dye which in turn equals
$2.70 Out of Pocket and saved $29.92
In return I got $9.38 in CVS Bucks

Last transaction I purchased 3 of the Aquafresh Extremes. I missed the coupon dates on these and I couldnt print any so I didnt maximize my savings unfortunately. But free is free so I am happy with that. I also purchased a .50 cent candy for a filler.
$9.38 in CVS Bucks
Total Out of pocket ~ .9 cents and total savings was $11.17
In Return I got $8.97 in CVS Bucks

The only free thing I have been unable to find is the Adidas Deodorant, I am still on the hunt for it!

So Out of Pocket I paid for everything in that picture above
$11.37
$2.70
$2.70 ( I have no idea how I got that same amount two different times! )
$.09
TOTAL: $16.86
SAVINGS: $57.44!

I still have CVS bucks to keep on spending!

Now I could do better by spending nothing out of pocket but I got stuff I needed and remember if you got coupons, use em! Oh and don't lose your cvs bucks! LOL

No comments: